Skip to main content

Environmental Areas

  • You can check the maps available through, go to Environmental Areas, or go to MiWaters Site Map Explorer, type in your address and turn on the Map Layer for Environmental Areas under the Coastal Tab. The areas will be outlined. Contact EGLE if you have questions.

  • Along certain shorelines of the Great Lakes there are sensitive coastal sites necessary for the preservation and maintenance of fish and wildlife. Typically, the sites are coastal wetlands. Permits are required for dredging, filling, grading, or other alterations of the soil, altering drainage, altering vegetation and permanent structures. View more information at Environmental Areas.