Frequently Asked Questions on MiEHDWIS
Frequently Asked Questions on MiEHDWIS
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions on MiEHDWIS. You can type a keyword into the search bar to narrow down the results.
I was using MiEHDWIS and I got booted out, what happened?
After 15 minutes of inactivity, users may be logged out of MiEHDWIS. Any unsaved work may be lost.
I could not find the answer to my question in these FAQs, can I email someone for assistance?
Do I need a MiEHDWIS account?
Yes, regulatory staff at the state of Michigan (SOM) and local health department (LHD); campground owners, septage haulers, septage waste receiving facilities, public swimming pool owners, and certain public water supply owners and operators should access MiEHDWIS with a user account.
Do I have to use a specific internet browser to use MiEHDWIS?
Yes, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are the recommended browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended, and the system will not perform to its full capabilities.
How can I learn more about MiEHDWIS?
How do I create a MiEHDWIS account and which type of account is right for me?
You must have a MILogin account to create a MiEHDWIS account.
- A MILogin for Third Party account should be used for those that use a work or business email and/or phone number.
- A MILogin for Citizens account should be used for those that associate their personal email and/or phone number with their work.
After signing up for a MILogin account, users will be able to request access to MiEHDWIS. For detailed instructions, please follow the MiEHDWIS Account Request reference guide.
How do I know EGLE received the document I submitted through the Customer Portal?
After you submit a document, your submission will appear in your list of My Work. If you have further questions, reach out to your EGLE Program Area contact.
How do I know if my MiEHDWIS account request was approved?
I can't get MILogin to work, who should I contact?
There is a Help link at both the top and the bottom of the MILogin page. You must contact the MILogin administration for assistance. You may also call their Help Desk at 1-800-968-2644 or 517-241-9700, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
Do not request a MILogin account if you already have one. You can add MiEHDWIS to an existing MILogin account.
What do I do after I have my MILogin account?
- From MILogin, click on the Request Access tab.
- Then, from the Select Agency dropdown, select Michigan Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE). If you have not already requested access to MiEHDWIS, Michigan Environmental Health and Drinking Water Information System (MiEHDWIS) will appear in the list of EGLE applications available.
- Click on MiEHDWIS and read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- At this point, you should receive a Success message and return to your MILogin home screen.
- MiEHDWIS should appear under your list of available applications. If it does not appear, please log out of MILogin and log back in.
- Once MiEHDWIS appears in your application list, click on MiEHDWIS. You will then be taken to the MiEHDWIS welcome screen.
- You will be asked to confirm your email address and provide a reason for access, then click Request Access. If you do not provide a reason for access, your account request will be denied.
What is the MiEHDWIS website address?
The MiEHDWIS website is MiEHDWIS.Michigan.gov. However, please understand that you will need to access MiEHDWIS through MILogin each time. So, be sure to save MILogin in your favorites and access MiEHDWIS from there! The MILogin website links are listed above and on the MiEHDWIS home page.
What is MILogin?
MILogin is the state of Michigan Identity Management solution that allows users the ability to access many state services and systems online, across multiple departments, using a single user ID and password.
Who do I contact about an error message?