Chronic Wasting Disease
CWD is a fatal nervous system disease found in deer, moose, and elk. It attacks the brain of infected animals creating small lesions in the brain, which result in death. There is no cure.
What can YOU do?
- Keep hunting
- Get your deer checked and tested. Find locations at mi.gov/deercheck
- Avoid long-distance movements with your deer carcass
- Handle and dispose of your carcass in a responsible manner
- If you hunt out-of-state, only bring back allowed parts
- Stay up-to-date on latest hunting regulations