How To Obtain A Disease Control Shooting Permit

Landowners of 5 acres or more in either Core CWD Area (DMU 333 or 359) may be eligible for a disease control shooting permit. Please contact the DNR Wildlife Disease Lab at 517-336-5030 to request a permit.

We will need your name, mailing address and phone number, and the address of the property that will be on the permit if different from the mailing address.

 If you are not the owner of the property, please call or email the Lab for further instructions.

Follow this link to see the Natural Resources Commission's regulations for Disease Control Permits. Scroll down to sections 5.76, 5.77 and 5.78.