Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Lt. Gov. Brian Calley celebrate opening in November of the Ferris Wheel Building in Flint, which houses 100K Ideas, a nonprofit that helps entrepreneurs bring their ideas to market.
Grant will assist small businesses in advancing clean energy technologies and products
The Michigan Agency for Energy has awarded a $125,000 grant to 100K Ideas in Flint to assist Michigan small businesses in advancing clean energy technologies and products.
Okemos High School installed solar panels last year after an energy audit. Photo credit: Dean Bolton
Winning schools will be announced at the Michigan Earth Day Festival in Rochester in April
The Michigan Agency for Energy says there’s still time for Michigan students in grades six to 12 to participate in the My Solar School contest. To enter, student teams must submit by March 30 a study for installing a solar system at their school, along with a short video outlining their vision.
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy’s (MAE) mission is to advance an adaptable, affordable, reliable, and environmentally-protective energy future for Michigan. Our work focuses on several areas:
- Customer Assistance
- Energy Security
- Energy Reliability
- Energy Policy and Expertise
- Innovation and Best Practices
The building that houses the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission has earned the respected ENERGY STAR certification, awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to buildings that meet strict energy waste reduction standards.
The Michigan Agency for Energy has two rebate programs for conversion to LED lighting, one for converting streetlights and the other for commercial buildings. For more information, contact Jake Wilkinson at WilkinsonJ8@michigan.gov.
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- Spots still available for Building Operator Certification training in Saginaw that reaps energy savings; MAE offers $400 discount
- Additional webinar on solar energy scheduled for farmers, heavy interest in another session leads to relocating to larger venue
- Michigan Agency for Energy awards $125,000 grant to Flint's Ferris Wheel Innovation Center
- My Solar School contest deadline approaches for students to complete plan to install solar system at their Michigan school
- Cherryland kicks off Michigan's first renewable energy/energy waste reduction pilot program for low-income customers
- Update: State Tax Commission changes treatment of residential solar panels