Jake Wilkinson of the Michigan Energy Office accepts a plaque from
Consumers Energy recognizing the ENERGY STAR certification
The kudos keep coming for the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission for earning the respected ENERGY STAR certification for 2017 from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The certification is awarded to buildings that meet strict energy efficiency standards.
The ENERGY STAR decal was placed on the building that houses the two agencies in Lansing, and Consumers Energy recognized the certification with a plaque. The building is in Consumers Energy’s service territory.
How efficient is the MAE/MPSC building? It outperforms 97 percent of similar buildings in the U.S.
They’d love to see you and answer your question. Look for the Michigan Agency for Energy table.
Senior and Veterans Expo 2018
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
24821 Front St.
Mattawan, MI 49081
St. Clair County Community Resource Fair
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
323 Erie St.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Unify Detroit Coalition
10 a.m. to 2 p.m
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy’s (MAE) mission is to advance an adaptable, affordable, reliable, and environmentally-protective energy future for Michigan. Our work focuses on several areas:
- Customer Assistance
- Energy Security
- Energy Reliability
- Energy Policy and Expertise
- Innovation and Best Practices
The building that houses the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission has earned the respected ENERGY STAR certification, awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to buildings that meet strict energy waste reduction standards.
Michigan communities have until May 31 to take the Michigan Green Communities (MGC) Challenge, a contest that measures communities’ progress toward meeting their current and future energy needs. More:
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- Follow Michigan Agency for Energy on its new social media pages
- Municipalities, school districts, hospitals can apply for free help from an energy management consultant
- Detroit's 2030 District helps owners and managers of small buildings cut their energy, water use by 50 percent
- Straits investigation continues with anticipated launch of underwater vehicles to inspect ATC, Enbridge lines
- Michigan Energy Office: Take the Michigan Green Communities Challenge to move toward increased sustainability at the local level
- With severe weather on its way, Michigan Agency for Energy offers tips on staying safe during and after storm