Energy Star Certification for Public Educational Facilities - Closed
The Michigan Energy Office (MEO) is offering funding incentives to help Public Educational Facilities achieve ENERGY STAR certification Incentives will be provided for ENERGY STAR certification of eligible public education facilities benchmarked in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ESPM). Each public educational facility is eligible to receive funding to support a licensed professional to examine the facility/facilities and to complete the ENERGY STAR certification application. Awards will be given on a first come first serve basis until funding is depleted.
- Be a public education facility within Michigan (Publicly funded K-12 school, vocational/technical school, community college, or university)
- Have an existing ESPM account eligible for ENERGY STAR certification,
- Share their ESPM account with the Michigan Energy Office,
- Not be eligible for any utility incentives supporting ENERGY STAR certification of the facility,
- Be willing to provide the following documentation to the Michigan Energy Office:
- Copy of the official ENERGY STAR certification award letter or email,
- Invoice for ENERGY STAR certification costs dated October 1, 2018, or later,
- Proof of payment for above invoice,
- Agree to prominently display the ENERGY STAR label in the facility once it is certified.
Funds will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. On average, the EnergyStar Certification process is approximately $2,500 per building.
- All applicants must agree to the following:
- At the time of sponsorship application:
- Share Energy Star Portfolio Manager account with the Michigan Energy Office
- Detail whether sponsorship will support Energy Star certification.
- Agree to prominently display the Energy Star label in the facility in a publicly viewable location.
- Should funding be awarded, the acceptance letter will be completed, signed, and submitted to the Michigan Energy Office within two weeks of receipt.
- All payment request documentation must be submitted within four months of award notification or by August 1, 2019, whichever is earliest.
- The following documentation is required for payment requests:
- Official award letter or email
- Invoice for ENERGY STAR certification dated October 1, 2018, or later
- Proof of payment for ENERGY STAR certification process
- Be willing to participate in a case study on ENERGY STAR certification.
August 31, 2018
Application Open Date:
October 1, 2018
Ongoing until funds committed
Deadline for Payment Submission:
August 1, 2019
Application – Click here to apply.
Webinar - How to Advance Efficiency in K-12 Schools with ENERGY STAR.
Answers to questions will be posted to the website periodically. All questions regarding this solicitation should be directed to Jacob Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.