The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is supporting the City of Flint's effort to modernize its drinking water system.
Major milestones in this effort include:
- The start-up of a safe, reliable second pipeline to Lake Huron
- Completion of lead service line replacement
- Modernization of the City's water treatment and distribution infrastructure.
Much of this work is expected to be completed in 2021. EGLE is committed to transparency and keeping the community informed as this critical infrastructure work is completed.
Water quality monitoring will be increased during this period and the data will be posted to this website.
About the Monitoring Data
Public water systems monitor for many different water quality indicators, also known as parameters, every day to help ensure the safety of your drinking water.
The monitoring data shown in the following pages helps the City of Flint make decisions about the best way to treat the water. If more than one data point is collected per day at a particular location, the average or range of all daily samples may be shown.
The City of Flint purchases treated water from the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA) and the Genesee County Drain Commissioner (GCDC) and provides further treatment to optimize corrosion control.
- Data collected from the City's distribution system helps us know whether the treatment process is working correctly
- Some data in the table is informational only
- Some data shows whether target ranges for pH, orthophosphate, chlorine, and iron are being met.
Other testing that EGLE is doing for the City of Flint is Lead and Copper Sequential Sampling.
This table shows water quality monitoring data for the GCDC water system. The City of Flint will use this data to make treatment decisions when the GCDC is supplying water to the City of Flint.
This table shows water quality monitoring data for the GLWA water system. The City of Flint will use this data to make treatment decisions when the GLWA is supplying water to the City of Flint.