The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ward 9 Water Resource Site at Temporary Location Saturday
September 19, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 17, 2016
Release #: 74
FLINT, Mich. -- The Community Water Resource Site at the Eastown Bowling Alley in the city of Flint’s 9th ward has been moved for the day due to an unexpected large funeral at an adjacent property, according to the Michigan State Police, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division.
Flint water system customers in the 9th ward are asked to go to the old Kmart at 4002 S. Dort Highway for bottled water, water filters, replacement cartridges and at-home water testing kits. This temporary location will be open only from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17.
On Monday, Sept. 19, water supply distribution will return to normal operations at the Eastown Bowling Alley, located at 3001 S. Dort Highway.
To obtain water supplies, please visit any one of following locations:
- Ross Plaza, 2320 W. Pierson Road (Ward 1)
- St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 3020 DuPont St. (Ward 2)
- Mt. Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 4805 N. Saginaw St. (Ward 3)
- Franklin Avenue Lot, 2804 N. Franklin Ave. (Ward 4)
- Old Flint Farmers’ Market, 420 E. Boulevard Drive (Ward 5)
- West Court Street Church of God, 2920 W. Court St. (Ward 6)
- Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Road (Ward 7)
- Lincoln Park United Methodist Church, 3410 Fenton Road (Ward 8)
- TEMPORARY LOCATION ON SEPT. 17 ONLY: Old Kmart, 4002 S. Dort Highway (Ward 9)
The hours of operations for these community sites are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: Noon – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday: Noon – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Every Community Water Resource Site also accepts water supply recycling. Residents can drop off empty water bottles and used cartridges at all nine locations.
The State of Michigan continues to coordinate response efforts in partnership with federal agencies, the city of Flint, Genesee County and local community organizations.
NOTE: ALL MEDIA INQUIRIES ARE BEING HANDLED BY THE JOINT INFORMATION CENTER AT 888-EMD-TODAY (888-363-8632). FOR FLINT WATER EMERGENCY DONATION INFORMATION, GO TO www.helpforflint.com.