The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in April 2019
March 29, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 29, 2019
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for April at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services also are announcing that Flint’s three help center locations – Bethel United Methodist Church, Asbury United Methodist Church and Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ – now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. Along with the produce available at all locations, the three help center sites now have ground turkey and ground burger.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. April dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, April 1, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 8, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 15, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 22, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 29, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road
- Tuesday, April 2, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 16, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 23, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, April 4, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 11, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 18, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, April 10, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Friday, April 12, at 9 a.m.
- St. Luke N.E.W. Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, April 19, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Technology & Community Center of Greater Flint, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, April 17, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, April 13, at 9 a.m.
- Fairhaven Seventh-Day Adventist Church, G-1379 W. Louis Ave.
- Wednesday, April 24, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #