The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDHHS continues Flint food giveaway in March 2020
February 28, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Feb. 28, 2020
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Families can get nutritious food to help limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for March at locations throughout Flint.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Potatoes, onions and apples are among the produce available in February.
March dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, March 2, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 9, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 16, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 23, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 30, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, March 3, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 10, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 17, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 24, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 31, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, March 5, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 12, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 19, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 26, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, March 11, at 10 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Saturday, March 14, at 9 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, March 14, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, March 18, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, March 20, at 10 a.m.
- St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 3020 Dupont St.
- Wednesday, March 25, at noon.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The three help center locations now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. In March they will have ground turkey, ground beef and cheese.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #