The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDHHS continues Flint mobile food pantries during June; Department and Food Bank to take extra precautions due to COVID-19
June 01, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 1, 2020
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112, email@example.com
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) will continue to provide nutritious food by the truckload to Flint residents throughout June.
MDHHS has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in Michigan, food pantry distributors are taking extra precautions to keep customers and volunteers protected. Each site is requiring volunteers to wear gloves and masks, clean their hands with hand sanitizer often, and take steps to sanitize distribution buildings throughout the day. Customers do not have to step out of their vehicle to receive food – volunteers are asking the customer to simply open their trunk and they will load up the vehicle with food to reduce contact.
This month’s mobile food pantry distribution will have plenty of delicious, vitamin-rich produce, including apples, oranges and hard squash.
June dates for distributions are:
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, June 2, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 9, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 16, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 23, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 23, at 10 a.m. .
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, June 8, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 15, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 22, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 29, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, June 4, at 10 am.
- Thursday, June 11, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 18, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 25, at 10 a.m.
- Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, June 5, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, June 12, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, June 19, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, June 26, at 10 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Information about additional food distributions will be announced as they are scheduled. To check food distribution schedules, visit the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan website at FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #