Education PlannersEducation Planners provide one-on-one assistance to youth in foster care and act as a liaison between the child welfare system and the education system. Education planners are available to DHS, private agencies, and school systems to conduct presentations and training on policy requirements and specific educational needs of older youth in care.
Education Planners may offer assistance with:
- Developing short and long term education goals.
- School enrollment and record transfer.
- Maintaining a youth in the school of origin.
- Figuring out transportation to school.
- Special education advocacy.
- College/vocational preparation and enrollment.
Education Planners are available in 38 counties - click here to get in touch with a planner near you!
EDUCATION PLANNER CONTACT LIST