The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Aircraft Pilot Certification
Required State License(s):
Michigan does not license aircraft pilots. In order to become a pilot, an individual must be certificated with the Federal Aviation Administration.
There are two Michigan Flight Standard District Offices of the Federal Aviation Administration:
- Grand Rapids: 616-954-6657
- Detroit: 734-487-7222
Learn more about:
- Types of Pilot Schools & Choosing a Pilot School
- General Operating and Flight Rules (14 CFR Part 91)
- Certification: Pilots, Flight Instructors, and Ground Instructors (14 CFR Part 61)
- Pilot Schools (14 CFR Part 141)
- FAA Part 141 Flight Schools Search