Skip to main content

Auto Parts Dealer

Required State License(s):  

Dealers who buy or otherwise acquire late model major component parts for resale, either at wholesale or at retail, and/or acquire vehicles to dismantle for the resale of their parts, selling the remains as scrap, are required to be licensed by the Michigan Department of State's Business Compliance and Regulation Division. For more information visit our website or call 1-888-SOS-MICH (888-767-6424).

A sales tax licensed is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4230 and request a Registration For Michigan Taxes form (518).

Updated: 12/20/2019