Skip to main content


Required State License(s):

A Bakery should be licensed as a Food Establishment (see Food Establishment License for details) by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food Division; 1-800-292-3939.

For products that are available for sale to the public, a sales tax license is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a Registration For Michigan Taxes form (518)

Revised: 5/2017