Skip to main content


Required State License(s):


Other Possible License(s):

Most export transactions do not require specific approval. In some instances, an exporter should obtain, in advance, a special export permission called a license. Licenses are required in export situations involving national security, foreign policy, short-supply, nuclear nonproliferation, missile technology, chemical and biological weapons, regional stability, crime control, or terrorist concerns. Licensed exports are controlled by the Federal Government.

Further Information:

The web site has a good source of information or you may call the U.S. Export Assistance Centers in Michigan: Detroit 313-226-3650; Pontiac 248-975-9600; Ann Arbor 734-741-2430; or Grand Rapids 616-458-3564.

Revised: 12/2002