Skip to main content

Moving Company

Required State License(s):

Michigan Motor Carrier Act,
Michigan Compiled Law, Chapters 475-479. 

Any and all business entities seeking to operate as an intrastate carrier of household goods must be granted operating authority through the Motor Carrier Division, Michigan State Police. This includes carriers conducting delivery services of household goods under contract from a manufacturer, store or other entity. Once granted authority, the carrier may have to license its intrastate vehicle(s) though the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division; 517-284-3250 or visit MSP/Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division.

UCR Carrier Registration (UCR Program): All interstate carriers, private and for-hire, must register in the annual Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program. Enforcement begins January 1st. UCR Information.

Revised: 5/2017