Skip to main content


Required State License(s):


Other Possible License(s):

According to copyright law, use of music at public events requires permission from the composer. Contact the following agencies for license/permit information: American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), One Lincoln Plaza, New York, New York 10023at (212) 595-3050. Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), 320 West 57th Street, New York, New York 10019; telephone number (212) 586-2000. Many churches are required to have a Church Copyright License. For further information about this license call 1-800-234-2446.

New Entry: 12/2002