The Michigan Center for Health Professions at the Michigan Health Council is a central source for information on the recruitment, education, and retention of health professionals in Michigan.
The goals of the Michigan Center for Health Professions are to:
- Establish a central forum for exploring and addressing needs and issues that impact the supply and career mobility of health professionals
- Foster collaboration among representatives of key health disciplines, educators, employers, and government regulators
- Identify existing data sources and determine whether there are gaps in the data
- Collect additional information in order to evaluate the supply and demand of health professionals in Michigan
- Provide a clearinghouse of educational resources and information to assist academic institutions in strengthening the education of health professionals in Michigan