|At school help your children make physical activity a daily habit. Help them see physical activity as a fun part of their day. Here are three areas of school-related physical activity you can concentrate on:
- Encourage your child to fully participate in physical education classes.
- Check with your child's physical education teacher to see what you can do at home to reinforce physical education lessons at school.
- Help your child be prepared with comfortable gym clothes and athletic shoes.
- Encourage your child to be physically active at recess by playing games, sports or walking.
- Encourage your child's school to offer walking clubs or other activity programs during recess or after school.
|School sports give kids a chance to learn skills and be active. If your child is interested in playing a sport, give it your support. But remember, sports are not for everyone. If your child is not interested, don't force the issue. You can help your child be active in other ways, like: