The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
You can receive numerous benefits from regular physical activity.
Being physically active can:
- Lower risk of early death
- Lower risk of coronary heart disease
- Lower risk of stroke
- Lower risk of high blood pressure
- Lower risk of adverse blood lipid profile
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lower risk of colon cancer
- Lower risk of breast cancer
- Prevent weight gain
- Reduce weight when combined with reduced calorie intake
- Improve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness
- Prevent falls Reduce depression