The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
At home, reaching the goal of getting kids to move more can lead to fun for everyone in the family. All you have to do is make a point of moving more each and every day.
- Join In. Join your child in playing catch, kicking a ball, jumping rope or playing hopscotch. Promote healthy outdoor activities like tag, hide and seek, walking the dog, nature walks, ice skating or making snowmen.
- Something New. Try a new activity together. How about line dancing, in-line skating, golfing or doing a "fun walk/run" as a family?
- Park It. Instead of driving, walk to the store, playground or school.
- Family Time. Visit a local park or trail. Take a family walk, hike, or bike ride. (Don't forget to wear your bike helmets.)
- School. Encourage before/after-school neighborhood activities like walking, basketball, softball, kickball, football and soccer. Walk or bicycle to school.
- Household Tasks. Chores count as activity, too! Mow the lawn, shovel the walk, vacuum the carpet, or rake the leaves to get the heart pumping.