The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Long-term weight loss will be successful only if you feel that you can maintain your lifestyle changes. Here are some easy ways to help feel satisfied:
Everything In Moderation
- Remember that all foods fit into the diet.
- Some of the higher fat and sugar items such as those found at the top of the Food Guide Pyramid can still be consumed in moderation.
- For example, if you are craving chocolate, eat a little, enjoy it and move on.
Your Eating Style
- Chosen carefully, all foods can fit into a healthy eating style.
- There are no "good" and "bad" foods. Use the Food Guide Pyramid to help you develop an eating plan that works for you!
- Eat different foods from all the food groups everyday. Balance your food choices to help limit fatty and sugary foods.
- Eat more whole grain foods and fill up on 9 or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Choose low fat dairy products and lean meats more often.