Good health is a lifelong change in behavior. In the most successful people, it's also a habit.
- Know your weight and check it weekly.
- Realize that motivation to remain on track comes mainly from within.
- Exercise regularly and frequently. To maintain a weight loss, experts recommend at least 60 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.
- Keep track of what you eat and your eating habits. Make healthy food choices with the USDA's MyPlate food guidance system.
- Watch intake of alcohol, fat and sugar.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Follow a plan for healthy eating that is sustainable life-long.
- Accept that sometimes there will be lapses, and push forward with your good habits when lapses occur.
- Set reasonable goals.
- Lose no more than 1-2 pounds per week.
- Gain support from family and friends.
- Focus on the health benefits of achieving a healthy body weight.
- Stay positive!
Remember, small changes can add up to big losses! You can do it!