New Premium Amount and Healthy Behavior Requirements
Beginning January 1, 2020, to keep Healthy Michigan Plan coverage, some HMP beneficiaries will be required to:
Who is Affected?
Beneficiaries with all three of the following will be affected by this change:
- Have income over 100% of the federal poverty level ($12,140 per year for one person, $25,100 per year for a family of four)
- Are enrolled in a health plan
- Have been enrolled in the Healthy Michigan Plan for a total of 48 months or more
Beneficiaries in the above group may be EXEMPT from these requirements if they are at least one of the following:
- American Indian/Alaskan Natives (may be exempt from premiums but not healthy behavior requirements)
- Under 21 years of age (may be exempt from premiums but not healthy behavior requirements)
- Pregnant women
- Identify or self-report as medically frail
- Enrolled in the Flint Water Waiver
- Able to demonstrate a good cause circumstance such as experiencing a disability, hospitalization or serious illness.
How to Complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
Health plan members should complete an HRA once a year with their primary care physician (PCP) and can contact their health plan for information or help completing an HRA and healthy behavior.
How to Make Healthy Michigan Plan Payments
Health plan members can check on Healthy Michigan Plan (also known as a MI Health Account) amounts owed by calling 1-800-642-3195 (TTY 1-866-501-5656) and can pay any outstanding balance online by check or money order. Details and payment coupons are included in HMP payment statements.
Where to Get More Information
Beneficiaries will receive more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services when these changes are made.