Dental Assistant

Per MCL 333.16323, a veteran applying for a dental assistant license may have their application processing and initial license fees waived, if they served as a military dental specialist. In order for the fees to be waived, the applicant should have served as a military dental specialist and provide either form DD214 or DD215 to prove separation from the armed forces was with an honorable character of service or under honorable conditions (general) character of service. The form may be provided with the application. Additional information on licensing processes and requirements, including the application, may be found here.

Information on obtaining your DD214 or DD215 may be found here.