- Overview brochure
This brochure (available in English, Spanish, and Arabic) highlights different programs that are offered at the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons.
- Independent Living Program (age 55 and over)
This brochure highlights BSBP's Independent Living program and services available for eligible blind persons 55 and older.
- Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Brochure
The Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Brochure lays out the 5 focus areas which are designed to be an early start at job exploration and assisting students with identifying career interests.
- Youth Services brochure
This brochure highlights BSBP's Youth Services program and youth age 14 - 26 who are eligible for services.
- DeafBlind Services brochure
This brochure includes information on DeafBlind Services for individuals who are both deaf and blind. For more information, call 800-292-4200.
- That All May Read--Braille and Talking Book Library brochure
Do you enjoy a good book, but you're no longer able to read small print? People who are unable to use standard print material due to a visual or physical disability have a free audio library they can access from the ease and privacy of their own home! Read more about the Braille and Talking Book Library.
- Business Services
Business Services help employers like you retain your experienced employees after vision loss and find new, qualified employees who are blind or visually impaired.
- Other Publications
Published by other organizations.
- Resources FOR Eye Doctors
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) and Related
- Michigan Unified State Plan
- Michigan No-Fault Provider Directory - Listed as Vision Rehabilitation Service Provider
- Resources to FIND an Eye Doctor
- Orientation & Mobility Instructors
- AFB Senior Site AFB Senior Site. To help families, caregivers and people directly affected by vision loss, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) has launched a new, totally accessible, multimedia web site that offers instructional videos, tips, and testimonials to help this country's growing low-vision population maintain independence. AFB's launch of the AFB Senior Site comes amid concerns from health officials that diseases like age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy are expected to double as the nation's 78 million baby boomers reach retirement age and beyond.
- Assistive Technology Installers/Trainers
- Braille Transcribing and Equipment Repair Services
- Careers in Blind Rehabilitation (Information on University Programs)
Links to the three master's degree programs at Michigan universities for pursuing a career in Blind Rehabilitation.
Connecting the Disability Community to Information & Opportunities
- Michigan Disability Resources Website On these pages you will find the services and programs for people with disabilities offered by the State of Michigan as well as other sites of interest.
- Michigan State University Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities The mission of the MSU Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities is to lead Michigan State University in maximizing ability and opportunity for full participation by persons with disabilities
- NFB Newsline ...a free service to those who cannot read regular newsprint.
- Scholarships and Grants for Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired
Please check the specific application deadline for each one.
- Technology Related to Blindness and Visual Impairment