Reopening Resources (Coronavirus/Covid-19)


All licensees must comply with Executive Orders, local health department orders, and local ordinances regarding reduced occupancy rates and social distancing protocols related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.

The Commission and a number of industry partners have prepared resources to aid licensees as they prepare to reopen to the public.  The MLCC has prepared a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) for on-premises licensees regarding reopening to customers.  This FAQ document will be updated with new information as it becomes available.  Posted below are reopening resources from a number of industry partners and links to several Commission forms that licensees may find useful for preparing to reopen their businesses to the public.

Reopening Frequently Asked Questions

Reopening Resources from Industry Partners

MIOSHA Covid-19 Restaurants & Bars Guidelines

Great Lakes Wine & Spirits Post Stay at Home Order Michigan Resident Survey

Michigan Licensed Beverage Association Ready to Reopen Resource Guide

Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Roadmap to Reopening

Downloadable Mask Signs For Posting At Your Business

Forms for Reopening Related License and Permit Requests

Form Name and Number

Form Description

2020 Limited Permanent Outdoor Service Permission Application (LCC-204a) During the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, an on-premises retailer licensee or manufacturer licensee with an On-Premises Tasting Room Permit or Off-Premises Tasting Room license may apply for a limited permanent outdoor service area that meets the following conditions:
  • The outdoor service area must comply with reduced occupancy and social distancing requirements under any current Executive Order, local county health department orders, and any local ordinances related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
  • If the outdoor area will be located on municipal property, such as a city sidewalk, the licensee must submit written approval from the local governmental unit authorizing the use of the municipal property.
  • The limited permanent outdoor service permission will be valid only from June 1, 2020 to no later than November 30, 2020 (as extended by the Commission on September 1, 2020).
  • The outdoor service area must be in the same local governmental unit as the licensed premises.
  • The outdoor service area must be no more than 25 feet from the licensed premises.
  • The outdoor service area must not be separated from the license premises by a public street or road.
  • The outdoor service area must not exceed 20,000 square feet in total space.
  • The outdoor service area is not located on a balcony or rooftop.
For an outdoor service area that does not meet the criteria above or if you wish to enlarge an existing outdoor service area, please use the Outdoor Service Permanent Permission Application (LCC-204) for a regular permanent outdoor service area.
2020 Limited Permanent Outdoor Service Conversion Application (LCC-204b) Use this form to convert an approved 2020 Limited Permanent Outdoor Service area into a regular Permanent Outdoor Service area.  The approved dimensions for the 2020 Limited Permanent Outdoor Service area will be used for the regular Permanent Outdoor Service area.
New On-Premises Specially Designated Merchant (SDM) License Application (LCC-114)

On-premises retailer licensees* may apply for a new SDM license to allow for the sale of beer and wine in its original container to go and to sell growlers of beer to go.
(*Class C, Tavern, A-Hotel, B-Hotel, Club, G-1, & G-2 licenses)

New Additional Bar Application (LCC-115)
  • Class C and B-Hotel licenses are issued with permission for one (1) bar, but must apply for and be issued Additional Bar approval for each bar where alcoholic liquor (beer, wine, or spirits) is sold to, served to, or consumed by customers.
  • Class C or B-Hotel licensees that have golf courses must have an Additional Bar for each beverage cart used to serve alcohol to customers in the approved outdoor service area for the golf course.

(A-Hotel, Tavern, G-1, G-2, and Club licenses and manufacturer tasting rooms do not require Additional Bar approval to have more than one bar.)

Request to Release License From Escrow (LCC-108a)

Licensee may use this form to request a license to be released from escrow for active operation.