Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Please note: These resources, compiled by staff, are provided for your information only, without any official endorsement or guarantee. For corrections or updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information on Adaptive Software and Equipment
2. Free Assistive Technology for the Blind
a. Free Magnification Software
b. Free Screen Readers for Microsoft Windows
c. Free Screen Readers for Linux Operating System
d. Free Antivirus Software
e. Free Internet and E-Mail
f. Free E-Books and Daisy Software
g. Free Tutorials and Training
h. Other Free Software and Related Resources
3. Free Services and Products
4. Low-Cost Software
5. Online Sales of Adaptive Equipment and Software for the Blind
- DesktopZoom -- Lets you zoom in and out with the wheel of your mouse.
- EasyRead -- Lets you view web pages at the size you want.
- Free Magnification Software for Windows XP -- iZoom, Works with Windows 2000/XP
- Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.5 -- A free, open source, screen magnifier, for Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD
- Workers Collection Magnifying Glass -- The mouse cursor is magnified, but Windows events are not tracked.
- AMIS (Adaptive Multimedia Information System) -- Free of charge, open-source DAISY book playback software
- Project Gutenberg, the first producer of free electronic books (e-books)
- Freedom Scientific -- Training on various products
- Learning to Use Technology for persons with visual disabilities -- A series of tutorials
- Microsoft Accessibility -- Free downloads on the accessibility of Microsoft products and other accessibility issues, including tutorials from Microsoft
- VIP Software -- JAWS guides for common tasks
- Visually Impaired Software Download -- Freeware, shareware, free download of visually impaired software, and much more