Tax Liability

Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

A business may be responsible for a variety of taxes. To obtain specific information regarding tax liability you should consult a tax expert. You may also contact the Internal Revenue Service, Michigan Department of Treasury, or you local unit of government for specific information regarding taxes you are required to pay.

Nonprofit organizations should contact a tax expert for assistance in determining tax liability and possible tax exemptions. Creation of a nonprofit corporation does not automatically create a tax exemption.