Reciprocity Licenses

Licensed in another Jurisdiction 

An individual licensed in another state or country may qualify for licensure in Michigan providing that the person has experience and training substantially equal to that required in Michigan. Licensed work experience can substitute for training hours in a ratio of 100 hours for each 6 months of experience. 

Individuals licensed in another state or US territory may be granted a license upon the successful demonstration that his/her license requirements, including training hours and examination, are equivalent to those in Michigan. 

Individuals licensed in another country must submit an application and provide certification of education, experience or both. The Department will determine whether or not the applicant is qualified to be licensed without examination. 

You can find the outstate license application under Forms and Publications or contact the Department at 517-373-8068 to request an application be mailed to you.