How do I register as a patient (over age 18) with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP)?
You must submit, in one envelope, a complete MMMP Application Packet, which can be found on our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.
- A complete Application Form
- A complete Physician Certification Form (the form is part of the Application Packet)
- Proof of Michigan residency, which means one of the following:
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300, or
- A copy of your valid Michigan voter registration
- Note: We will not accept an expired driver license or personal identification card.
- Note: If you submit a voter registration as proof of Michigan residency, you must submit proof of your identity. Proof of identity can be any government-issued document that includes your name and date of birth.
- The required application fee (check or money order made payable to: State of Michigan- MMMP)
- Patient fee: $60
- If designating a caregiver, include an additional $25 caregiver fee.
- If you are designating a caregiver, proof of the caregiver’s identity, which means one of the following:
- A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued driver license, or
- A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued personal identification card
- Any other documents that are required when completing the application (see instructions on Application regarding legal guardianship and Medical Durable Power of Attorney).