How do I renew my registry identification card?

You can renew your patient registry card online.  You must be a qualified patient without a caregiver and your physician must have an online account.  You must still visit your physician for online physician certification.  You must create an online account if you do not have one and link your account.  Instructions and the online portal are available on our website at

If you are a patient with a caregiver or choose to, you may also renew by submitting a paper application. You must submit, in one envelope, a complete MMMP Application Packet, which can be found on our website at

  • A complete Application Form
  • A complete Physician Certification Form (the form is part of the Application Packet)
  • Proof of Michigan residency, which means one of the following:
    • A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or
    • A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300, or
    • A copy of your valid Michigan voter registration
      • Note: We will not accept an expired driver license or personal identification card.
      • Note:  If you submit a voter registration as proof of Michigan residency, you must submit proof of your identity. Proof of identity can be any government-issued document that includes your name and date of birth.
  • The required application fee (check or money order made payable to: State of Michigan- MMMP)
    • Patient fee: $60
    • If designating a caregiver, include an additional $25 caregiver fee.
  • If you are designating a caregiver, proof of the caregiver’s identity, which means one of the following:
    • A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued driver license, or
    • A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued personal identification card
  • Any other documents that are required when completing the application (see instructions on Application regarding legal guardianship and Medical Durable Power of Attorney).