The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Electrical Plan Review Helpful Tips
Plan Review – Helpful Tips (Electrical)
- Code Year: Michigan is on the 2017 NEC.
- Per Electrical Part 8 rules (80.21), ALL electrical plans must include:
- Lighting layout.
- Conductor and raceway sizes.
- Wattage schedule.
- Service location and riser diagram.
- Load calculations and available fault current calculations.
- A proposed method of construction that is drawn with symbols of a standard form.
- Load calculations: It is highly suggested to double check all of your load calculations before submitting plans for review.