The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The following providers and suppliers are able to be federally certified:
- Hospitals (including critical access hospitals and psychiatric hospitals/units)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Hospice Agencies and Residences
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Portable X-Ray Suppliers
- Outpatient Physical Therapy (OPT)/Speech Pathology Services
- Rural Health Clinics
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)
- Swing Beds
- PPS Exempt Rehabilitation and Psychiatric Units
- Community Mental Health Centers
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) contracts with the Bureau of Community and Health Systems (BCHS) to evaluate compliance with the federal regulations by conducting surveys and complaint investigations. The provider must be in compliance with the conditions and standards set forth in the Conditions of Participation/for Coverage.
Hospitals, surgery centers, and hospices must be licensed with the State of Michigan before Medicare certification is approved.
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Community and Health Systems
Health Facilities Division
611 W. Ottawa Street
PO Box 30664
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-4160 for hospitals (psych), ASC, ESRD, swing beds, PPS
Phone: 517-241-3830 for all other provider types above