The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Adult Foster Care Group Home Renewal
Renewal Information for Adult Foster Care Group Homes
Renewal information will be sent three months before the expiration date of your license. Do not submit an online renewal application until after you receive the renewal information in the mail. If you submit it prior to receiving the renewal information in the mail, your application will not be entered into the licensing database properly and will have to be resubmitted.
If you wish to renew your license, go to the online renewal application. If you did not submit your original application online, you will need to sign up for MiLogin. For instructions on how to create a MiLogin and how to access the online renewal application, go to the MiLogin BCHS Registration Instructions.
Complete the online renewal application as soon as possible, but no later than 45 days prior to the expiration date of your license. Failure to return the application and renewal fee prior to the expiration of your license will result in the closure of your license.
Note: Internet Explorer is required to complete the online renewal application. In addition, you must have a credit card or a debit card to pay the fee online. (Discover and American Express Cards are not accepted.) If you don't have one of these, click here for group homes.
For all renewal applications, you are required to renew on MiLogin.
All items must be returned together and sent to:
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Community and Health Systems
P.O. Box 30664
Lansing, MI 48909-8164
Adult Foster Care Group Home Application Materials Checklist
It is your responsibility to review the rule and statutory requirements and to be prepared to demonstrate compliance. A recommendation for license issuance cannot be made until the items listed below have been reviewed and approved by the department.
Licensing Record Clearance Request
Licensing Record Clearance Requests and Livescan Fingerprint Background Check Requests are only needed for new licenses (licensee designees for a corporation) and administrators.
Medical Clearance (Rule 400.14205, .15205 (2), (4), (5)):
A licensee shall have on file with the Department a statement that is signed by a licensed physician, or his or her designee, attesting to the physician’s knowledge of the physical health of the licensee and administrator (licensee designee for corporations). This form is only required for new licensee/licensee designees and administrators. Tuberculin test results completed within the last 3 years for the licensee, administrator and/or licensee designee are also to accompany this form.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF THE ON SITE INSPECTION
- Program Statement
- Admission/Discharge Policy
- Verification of the lease, ownership, or right to occupy arrangements
- Good Moral Character Assessment Procedures for Employees
- Qualifications of New Administrator or New Licensee Designee
- Designated Person information (person who acts in the absence of licensee and administrator)
- Personnel Policies and Job Descriptions
- Copy of current agreements or contracts
- Emergency repairs
- Work Schedule for previous 90 days
- Fire Safety documentation
- Employee Records
- Resident Records
- Verification of annual training for administrators, licensees and licensee designee
- Standard or routine procedures
- Current menus as served for previous year
- Organization Chart
- House Rules
- Fee Policy and Refund Agreement
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
CORPORATE APPLICANTS ONLY
Submit the following documents for review:
- A current listing of the corporation’s board of directors
- Current articles of incorporation
- A letter of authorization from the board of directors that designates the individual who is authorized to act on behalf of the corporation on licensing matters.
- Certificate of Good Standing (for all)
- Current By-laws
- Current Financial Statement
- Current Annual Budget
Component Unit of Government i.e., community mental health agency, county infirmary or other unit of government) have available the following:
- Statement of Financial accountability
Payment of the License Renewal Application fee can be made:
- Online with a credit or debit card (Discover and American Express are not accepted) or
- By check or money order, payable to the State of Michigan (if submitting a paper application).
Small Group Home 3-6
Medium Group 7-12
Large Group 13-20
Congregate Home >20