- Michigan Approved On-Line Asbestos Refresher Training Courses During COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 and Asbestos Refresher Training Requirements
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic and Asbestos Training Requirements
- NEW Asbestos Training Course Forms
New forms have been created for Asbestos Training Course Sponsors to use when notifying, cancelling, or revising asbestos training courses. Please a new form for submitted class lists/training course rosters.
- MIOSHA Asbestos Abatement On-Line Accreditation Renewal
Renew your asbestos accreditation on-line.
- Asbestos Awareness & Class IV Training Requirements
- Asbestos Program "Verify and Search"
- Asbestos Program Overview
The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) Asbestos Program was initiated in September of 1986. The primary function of the program is to assure that the people working with asbestos are properly trained and the individuals performing asbestos removal comply with rules governing the work activity. These rules are designed to protect not only the individual employee performing asbestos abatement work, but also the general public that occupy the area or building in which the work occurs.
Training, Accreditation, and Contractor Licensing
- Training Courses
In order for individuals performing asbestos-related work to become accredited, they must successfully complete a designated training course ...
- Asbestos Accreditation
Asbestos abatement workers, supervisors, project designers, inspectors, and management planners must successfully complete the appropriate initial or refresher...
- Asbestos Abatement Contractor Licensing
Other than specified exempt licensed trade groups...any individual or company within Michigan that is hired to remove or encapsulate friable asbestos...
- Verify A License/Accreditation
Search for information on individuals accredited or companies licensed by the Asbestos Program.
- Search for a Scheduled Asbestos Training Course
Search for a currently scheduled asbestos training course being offered in Michigan.