- Opportunities for Job Seekers
Michigan is home to approximately 1.3 million individuals with disabilities. Michigan Rehabilitation Services exists to support eligible individuals with disabilities to prepare for and obtain competitive employment, including exploring the possibilities of self-employment or owning a small business.People with disabilities who are working:
- Enter the mainstream of society.
- Gain enhanced self-esteem.
- Become more self-sufficient.
- Pay more taxes.
- Have more spending power -- contributing to the health of our economy.
Higher employment rates among people with disabilities mean:
- Reduced welfare and institutionalization costs.
- Increased taxpayer savings of millions of dollars.
Labor and Economic Opportunity