Labor and Economic Opportunity
(These notes do not reflect current MCB policy. They reflect ONLY the current experiences and learning of the 2020 Vision Process Design Team.)
December 18th, 2000
DeWitt Conference Center, DeWitt, Michigan
Purposes for this meeting
The Vision 2020 Process Design Team met in DeWitt after a very successful series of pilot visioning sessions in Lansing, Kalamazoo, and Detroit. The purposes are:
1. to reflect and consolidate 2020 progress in the last year,
2. to review the progress report sent to the Executive
Management Team (EMT), and propose next steps,
3. to begin planning for a Jan, 01 meeting with the EMT,
4. to share a 2020 vision for integrated visioning/planning,
5. to clarify relationships, interrelate objectives and align direction with:
a. EMT's strategic initiatives and annual goals,
b. Extended Management Group's objectives,
c. 2020 Vision Design Team,
d. MCB Quality Initiatives,
e. Strategic Planning Processes and with
f. MCB's ongoing Committee work.
6. to design the strategic planning process with EMT.
Dialogue on Purposes
The 2020 Design Team were in Dialogue for two days and found it confusing to try to align all the many and diverse committees and projects that are working in MCB.
The 2020 Design Team touched on these issues and questions:
The 2020 Design Team listed several outcomes that they
believe to be significant to 2020 Process Design work.
Outcomes of January 25, 01 EMT Meeting
1. To create an inclusive process that involves all MCB
groups in Dialogue Circles and 2020 Visioning.
2. To identify, articulate and implement a series of 2020
principles to serve as guides for the entire organization.
3. To Clarify the multiple relationships between groups.
4. To receive EMT endorsement of 2020 principles and validate the 2020 visioning process through mutual commitments with all MCB committees and groups.
5. To coordinate and interrelate all MCB systems as a series of ongoing learning experiences that are designed to deliver Quality Rehabilitation's and Independent Living Results.
Integrated Systems Design
The 2020 Team concentrated on the Design of an Integrated Quality Reinforcement System (QRS) which directly connects with MCB Strategic Visioning and Planning and is driven by systematic customer design inputs.
The 2020 Design Team reviewed several Objective Processes and decided to order some Strategic Planning Workbooks for the 2020 and the EMT to use to design the next level of process for Visioning and Planning.
The group designed a preliminary overlay process that links
both QRS and 2020 and MCB strategic Visioning and Planning processes for consideration by the EMT.
See the attached QRS circle designs that are first draft examples of how a 2020 strategic visioning/planning processes might be linked with customer quality satisfaction and management.
The meeting adjourned with the 2020 Team hoping to get a new charge for integrated outcomes of the 2020 Design Team and the many other groups for 2001.
The next 2020 meeting is January 25, and 26 at the DeWitt Conference Center with the EMT meeting scheduled for the first day, January 25, 2001?