- Take a Tour
The consumer, counselor or teacher can call the training center at 269-337-3771 or 269-337-3848 to speak with a staff person and to set up a tour of the building. Family members or other significant persons are welcome and encouraged to accompany a prospective student.
- The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Training Center,
The BSBP Training Center in Kalamazoo provides training and services to people who are blind and visually impaired.
- Driving Directions
Take US-131 or I-94...
- Training Center Handbook
The Training Center Handbook contains an in-depth description of life at the training center, including the Program Requirements, Policies, Rules and Guidelines.
- What to Bring for your stay at the BSBP Training Center
Please note when you are packing your belongings: As students arrive at the Training Center, when they return from weekend leave and when they bring newly purchased items into the Training Center, all belongings with the exception of items that would be destroyed in the heat tent, will be placed in the heat tent for a minimum of four hours. Support Services Staff will inspect items that are not placed in the heat tent.
- Victor Reader Stream
- Home Maintenance
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Android Core Education
- Adaptive Cooking Skills
- Personal Finance
- Health Education/Medication Management
- Essential Fundamentals for Employment (EFE)
- Finer Diner
- IOS Core Education (iPhone/iPad)
- Adaptive Technology and Computers (ATAC)
- OT Crafts/Artistic and Creative Arts
- Industrial Arts
- Adaptive Kitchen Fundamental Skills
- Counseling/Career Planning
- Diabetes Education
- Introduction to Basic Computer Skills (IBCS)
- Life Skills
- Low Vision Class
- Nutrition Education
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Orientation and Mobility (Travel)
- Personal Management (PM)
- Mini Adjustment Program Overview
Separate from the on-site BSBP Training Center courses, the five-day Mini Adjustment Programs are provided by BSBP staff at various locations around the state. The Mini Adjustment Programs provide an introduction to skills of blindness and services provided by the Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons and other organizations.
- Mini Adjustment Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the Mini Adjustment Program, a person must be a client of the (Michigan) Bureau of Services for Blind Persons and be referred by Bureau staff.