- "Historic Preservation and Michigan Communities"
An article written by SHPO staff in the May-June 2011 issue of "Michigan Planner"
- A Civic Gift
This joint SHPO-Michigan Land Use Institute report describes preservation, community reinvestment and smart growth in Michigan.
- An Honor and an Ornament: Public School Buildings in Michigan
The history of public school buildings in Michigan and methods for their survey.
- Archaeologist, Historian, and Architectural Historian Consultant List
A list of archaeologists who meet or exceed the federal professional qualifications as stated in "Archaeology and Historic Preservation: Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines" ...
- Creating Design Guidelines for the Historic Commercial District SHPO has prepared this guidance for the growing number of Michigan communities interested in protecting the feel, or “sense of place,” of their historic Main Street.
- Historic Garden Landscapes: A Bibliography
Sources of information on historic gardens and landscapes
- Historical Architect Consultant List
A list of architects who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Historic Architecture" as stated in 36CFR part 61 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Insulation for Historic Commercial Resources
SHPO guidance on insulating historic commercial buildings
- Insulation for Historic Residential Resources
SHPO guidance on insulating historic residential buildings
- Introducing Preservation Trades to High School Students
A guide for educators published by the Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- Investing in Michigan's Future: The Economic Benefits of Historic Preservation
Preservation as economic development
- Michigan Historic Cemeteries Preservation Guide
How to manage, maintain, and preserve historic cemeteries
- Report Card: The Economic Impacts of Historic Preservation in Michigan
From the Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- The West Michigan Pike Project
Summary information about the West Michigan Pike and the SHPO's project to identify and document its history and significance. See the project in detail below.
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume I: Historic Context Narrative (Part I)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume I: Historic Context Narrative (Part II)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part I)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part II)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part III)
Labor and Economic Opportunity