Enter the Michigan Youth for Service Poster Contest
You are invited to apply to the Michigan Youth for Service Poster Contest
Entry Deadline: June 3, 2019
All elementary, middle school and high school students are encouraged to create original artwork representing the importance of volunteerism and service.
The Poster Contest is an opportunity for students to showcase their artistic talents and inspire Michiganders to make a difference in their communities. Winners will have their poster signed by the Governor and be invited to attend the Governor’s Service Awards and a special reception. As the lead state agency for volunteerism, the Michigan Community Service Commission empowers youth to share their voice and be change makers.
- Artwork should represent the importance of volunteerism and service, and it should inspire people to be engaged in making a difference in their community. This theme may be depicted through the use of any original illustrations.
- The poster must be the student’s original using any media including, but not limited to, acrylics, watercolor, pencils, ink, charcoal, markers, spray paint, crayons, pastels, digital media or written words.
- The finished poster must measure 11 x 14 inches.
- Applications must include the following items: original poster, application form, artist statement and artist biography
- Applications and posters can be submitted electronically at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PosterContest
- All posters sent electronically must be in .jpg format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Applications can also be submitted in person or by mail to:
Youth For Service Poster Contest, 222 N. Washington Sq., Suite 100, Lansing, MI 48933
Download full guidelines and sample application
Winner Selection Process:
- All applications will be judged on creativity, originality, vibrancy of images, inspirational message of volunteerism and/or service and written statements.
- A panel of Judges will review all applications and select the winning posters.
- There will be up to three finalists and one winner per category:
- Elementary (K-4th)
- Middle School (5th-8th)
- High School (9th-12th).
Applications and posters can be submitted electronically at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PosterContest
Questions: (517) 335-4295
Michigan Youth for Service Poster Contest guidelines