Michigan is home to approximately 1.3 million individuals with disabilities. Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) provides specialized employment and education-related services and training to assist teens and adults with disabilities in becoming employed or retaining employment. In addition, MRS partners and collaborates with the State Department of Education, local school systems, Michigan Career and Technical Institute (MCTI), community colleges, four-year colleges, and universities to develop statewide school-to-work, postsecondary, and adult life programs to help students with disabilities succeed in secondary and postsecondary education and transition to employment. We work in partnership with individuals with disabilities to achieve independence and prepare for and obtain competitive employment, including exploring the possibilities of self-employment or owning a small business.
MRS provides a wide range of services just for the business community. We provide business services support including talent development, connections to state and community partner assets and services, reasonable accommodation services, risk management/employee retention and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) consultation. We match prescreened, qualified candidates to your business requirements, and provide follow-up and support to make sure both the employee and the employer are satisfied. Employing qualified people with disabilities just makes good business sense.
Services to job seeker customers and business customers are provided in all 83 Michigan counties. Here you will find complete information about available services, how to apply, and where our offices are located.
We look forward to serving you!
- MRS FAQs
EXPRESS YOUR OPINION: Michigan Needs Assessment Survey
To take the Michigan Rehabilitation Services Needs Assessment Survey, make one of the selections below:
- If you are a Michigan resident with a disability, click HERE
- If you are a family member or friend of a Michigan resident with a disability, click HERE
See the POSTER for more information.
- Public Meeting Announcement August 9, 2019 - Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) transfer to Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity (LEO)
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services Online Orientation
- NEWS: MCTI's Pilot CNA Program Prepping Students for Employment
- Find out what MRS customers have to say about their experience with us!
- Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services Final Open Meetings Notice Schedule
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services Farm Rehabilitation