Students who live on the MCTI campus will find the dormitory, cafeteria, classrooms, library, and health and leisure services all housed in the same building--an especially convenient feature during Michigan winters.
The dormitory, which can accommodate 350 students, has the following features:
- Each dormitory room is double occupancy, four students to a suite.
- Each suite has its own bathroom.
- Each room is supplied 2 beds and shares a bathroom.
- For reference the Dorm Rooms are 12 ft. x 11 ft. and closet is 7 ft. long x 2 ft. wide.
- Security and supervisory staff are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each room has a ceiling fan.
- Each room has its own private telephone line, with unlimited local call use. (Students must use personal calling cards for long distance calls.)
- Free WiFi in the dorms.
- Students must bring towels bedding, toiletries, etc. Cleaning supplies, garbage bags, and toilet paper are available in the Canteen.
The cafeteria adjacent to the dormitory offers these services:
- Meal tickets are included in tuition, room and board.
- Twenty-one (21) meals are provided each week.
- A wide variety of food is served, and there is an unlimited salad, soup, beverage, and dessert bar.
- Special diets and "Heart Smart" meals are available.
- Visitor meal tickets may be purchased at a nominal charge.
For students without their own automobile, MCTI provides the following round-trip transportation at no charge:
- To the Kalamazoo bus/train station
- To local shopping areas
- To off-campus medical facilities
- To off-campus Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous activities