Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

Do I have to be available at the time of the audit/investigation?

You may designate an authorized individual to provide the records to the auditor. However, this person must have the knowledge to answer any questions the auditor may have regarding the records, and be able to act on your behalf. This allows for less confusion and misunderstanding regarding the audit/investigation results. If the designated person is your representative, such as an accountant or attorney, please make sure that they have submitted a power-of-attorney to this Agency to discuss your tax matters. In addition, a separate interview with the owner or corporate officer may be necessary.