Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

What options do I have if I can offer employees to come back to work less than full time? Will my employees still be eligible for unemployment benefits?

Employers are encouraged to consider using Michigan’s Work Share program. Work Share allows employers to keep employees working with reduced hours, while employees collect partial unemployment benefits to make up the portion of the lost wages. Employees may also be eligible for the full $600 per week Federal Pandemic Nonemployment Compensation (FPUC) benefit through the CARES Act, even if the employee is working less than full time. By participating in Work Share, employers can retain trained employees and avoid the expenses of recruiting, hiring, and training new employees. Employer may file an application for Work Share through their MiWAM account or learn more information about Work Share at or call the Office of Employer Ombudsman at 855-484-2636.