Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

Do 1099 and self-employed employees who have not applied yet need to file a normal claim before the PUA app?

A new claimant must create a MiLogin account to apply for benefits. If a claimant has any employer reported wages, the claimant should file a regular claim for UC benefits. If the regular claim is denied, the individual will receive an alert in MiWAM to complete the PUA application.

If a claimant does not have employer reported wages, after logging into their MiWAM account and answering a series of questions, the claimant will be directed to the PUA application to apply for benefits.