Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

I got married and I want to have my name change, what documents do I have to submit?

You can request a name change through your MiWAM account, Fax or Mail.  Legal proof of a name change is required as part of the request. 

From your MIWAM Account:

  1. Click on your Claim ID
  2. Click on the Name and Addresses tab
  3. Click on the blue link with your name located to the left and enter your new name.  Please remember to use the “Add” feature to include your legal proof of name change (i.e. marriage license, divorce agreement, or court order).

By Fax or Mail:

You can complete Form 1925, Request for name or Address Change and submit it via the Fax number listed on the form or mail it to the address listed on the form.