Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

How do I protest a decision from a judge?

If you disagree with the decision of the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), you may appeal to the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Commission (UIAC). The appeal must be received directly at the UIAC by the appealing party within the 30-day expiration period shown on the ALJ’s decision/order. You may file your appeal by U.S. mail, fax or electronically on the UIAC website listed below. If you file by mail or fax, we suggest you use a completed UIAC Appeal Form.  You may find further information at the UIAC website under FAQ.

Unemployment Insurance Appeals Commission
P.O. Box 30475
611 W. Ottawa St, 4th Floor, Lansing, MI  48909-7975
Telephone 1-800-738-6372
Fax 517-241-7326