The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Who is MARVIN?
MARVIN, Michigan's Automated Response Voice Interactive Network, allows you to report your eligibility for benefits by phone.
MARVIN's statewide toll-free number is 1-866-638-3993.
To Use MARVIN
To use MARVIN all you need is:
- your Social Security Number
- your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
MARVIN allows you to:
- phone-in your continued weeks of unemployment
- ask for information about your benefit payment; such as the date your last payment was made and the amount
Using MARVIN to phone-in your continued weeks of unemployment is mandatory. Contact UIA at 1-866-500-0017 if for some reason you are unable to use MARVIN, or if:
- you are in a training program approved by UIA
- you are claiming a flexible week
- you are self-employed and submitting a profit and loss statement
- you are not able to use MARVIN, for whatever reason.
Before calling MARVIN's statewide toll-free number 1-866-638-3993, there are a few things you need to do:
- Read the entire unemployment insurance information booklet you received by mail before you phone-in your biweekly claim. Have your responses ready to enter.
- Select your four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Know the week ending dates for the weeks you are claiming. You must use Saturday's date for the week ending date.